Why are we willing to choose leather shoes?
Leather is the most natural material from which footwear has been made for years for everyone, regardless of age or preferred style. Among the proposals we will find pumps women's leather shoes with a bow, pink children's ballerinas Ren But 1467 heatherand male shoes, leather shoes Pilpol. Parents willingly buy them for their children, because despite the higher price, they guarantee great comfort for a small foot. Adults also reach for them without hesitation, because they are comfortable, breathable and adapted to the shape of the foot. In addition, models made of natural leather rub the foot less often, guarantee air circulation and have a positive effect on stability while moving. The undeniable advantage is that the skin maintains its great appearance for longer. It is said to ages well. However, you need to take care of them in advance - properly cared for, they will not crack, crumble, delaminate or tear. Of course, there will be natural bends where the foot works. You can reduce their number and depth thanks to dedicated boards. So, we advise you on how to properly care for leather shoes!
What products to choose for the care of leather shoes?
The leather from which the shoes are made is a natural product of animal origin. This means that, just like human skin, it requires systematic cleaning, nourishment, lubrication and impregnation. Otherwise, it may become dry and stiff, and lose its aesthetic value and properties. Leather that is not impregnated or not properly protected is soaked faster and wears out more quickly.
Before you decide to buy leather shoe care products, you need to remember that you will need different cosmetics for suede and nubuck leather, and different ones for smooth leather. So make sure that the specificity is appropriate for the type of footwear you have.
What will come in handy?
- For smooth leathers - leather cleaner / cleaner or leather soap, renovator, leather grease, leather cream with wax-based pigment, paste or wax, impregnation / protector spray;
- For suede / nabuku - a suede / nubuck brush, a suede / nubuck remover or cleaner, a spray restorer, an impregnation or a spray protector.
How to care for leather shoes - our tips
- First, a test should be made to see if the skin is susceptible to liquid absorption. Absorbent leathers (eg suede will absorb a drop of water, while closed leathers will make it run off. According to the test, choose the appropriate care products.
- Remember that regular cleaning and care of leathers protect shoes from discoloration, but for this to happen, the leather must be well cleaned of dirt - mud, dust, stains, etc.
- If you want to extend the life of your shoes, make them retain their color and shape for longer, protect the leather from strong sunlight and heat sources. Do not dry your shoes in the sun or on a radiator, and use care products with UV filters.
- When you decide on your grooming products, be sure to apply them over a large area from seam to seam. Thanks to this, you will avoid stains and discoloration.
- Do not remove dirt by hard rubbing, as the skin may become damaged, chafed or faded.
- The skin has an optimal humidity of 40-60% and requires ventilation. So do not keep it in plastic or non-breathable containers, but put on a ventilated cupboard, breathable shoe bags, etc. If the humidity starts to exceed 70% there is a real risk of mold formation.
To sum up, leather shoes have been a fashion trend of recent years. However, in order for them to keep their great condition for a long time and serve them for a long time, it is worth taking care of them properly. We hope that thanks to the tips on how to care for leather shoes, your model will serve you for several more seasons! And if you are just looking for a variant for yourself - check out the leather footwear offer on KeeShoes!