What to look for when buying boots for harsh winter?
Are you looking for the right boots for harsh winter? Are you afraid that your shoes will prove to be insufficient protection on frosty days and you want to find a really good quality product? Then there are several aspects that should be decisive when buying. Here they are!
First of all - focus on thermal comfort. This applies to both women's and men's winter boots. We recommend those insulated with sheepskin or other filling, but the key is to really protect your feet from getting cold. Remember that limbs freeze the fastest!
Second - choose materials that are impervious to water. When walking in snow, puddles or in rain, water should not get inside the shoe. Sometimes special impregnants are the solution, but the condition is that they are made of appropriate fabrics, e.g. natural leather.
Third - stability. This is especially true for harsh winter boots for ladies. Give up high heels and unstable heels. They will not work completely on snow or ice, and will put you in great danger. A moment of inattention and you can sprain your ankle, break your leg or even smash your head.
Fourth - the right sole. While you do not pay attention to the sole in spring or summer shoes, it is very important here. The sole should have a special shape - indentations and protrusions, thanks to which you will not slip on an icy surface.
Fifth - aesthetics. Harsh winter doesn't mean you have to wear ugly shoes that you don't like. The offer is so extensive that you can easily find a variant that perfectly fits your stylistic expectations.
The best winter boots for women
- Snow boots - for many women it is the number one shoe for harsh winter. Perhaps because they are extremely warm and comfortable. Here, however, you need to pay attention to the type of sole - this is to be stable and non-slip. Also, make sure your shoes do not get wet. We recommend e.g. black boots Caprice 26221 membrane. Their interior is lined with soft fur, and thick soles with a several-centimeter platform provide excellent isolation from the ground.
- Trekking - in our opinion, it is this type of footwear that should be most often chosen when shopping for footwear for severe winter. They were designed and made to be warm, comfortable and stable in all weather conditions. In them, you can move around the city, but also go to the mountains. An example of fashionable and at the same time functional shoes are reliable shoes Timberland 6 In Premium Boot W if Grisport trekking shoes.
- Boots - they most often take an elegant form, which puts aesthetics in the first place, ahead of practicality. Nevertheless, among the proposals, you can also find models that will be good shoes for harsh winter. However, make sure that they have a good sole, are warm and waterproof. You may like e.g. black short lacquered insulated boots or women's boots with black studs Y208.
The best winter boots for men
- Trekking - this is the absolute number 1 among men for harsh winter shoes. They are perfect in urban stylizations, but also when you are waiting for a hike in the mountains or a stroll on an icy surface. They are fashionable, warm, comfortable and waterproof. For example, we recommend this year's trend - NATIVE FITZSIMMONS CITYLITE JIFFY or reigned for years Timberland 6 In Premium Boot M.
- Boots - this type of footwear is not only extremely fashionable and goes well with everything, but also perfectly meets the expectations we have for winter boots. They protect well against cold, are waterproof and resistant to damage. Are you looking for such? Perhaps you will like them Big Star black boots.
- Chelsea boots - maybe they are not classic boots for harsh winter, but among many proposals you can find those that will work. We recommend models with a thick sole and made of materials that will not get wet after impregnation. For example, McKey men's suede ankle boots 284 black, have thicker foam rubber bottoms, which provide good insulation from the ground.
As you can see, shoes for harsh winter conditions can take a different look. It is up to you whether you choose a sporty or elegant finish. The most important thing is that you should be comfortable and your leg should not freeze. See the wider offer on KeeShoes and find a solution tailored to your needs!